Achieve perfectly shaped, natural brows with our eyebrow tattooing. During your complimentary consultation, we will explain through our array of different tattoo styles to find the best option for you.
All clients must attend a consultation to assess what technique is suited best before booking in the full treatment. All treatments include one 4-8 week touch up & aftercare pack.
Eyebrow Tattooing Sydney
Feather touch is a manual, semi-permanent technique. This technique creates hyper-realistic brows using a hand held tool to create realistic and natural hair strokes. The hair strokes are always drawn in the direction of the natural hair growth in order to achieve hyper-realistic eyebrow look. Also known as feathering, microblading or hair strokes.
Mist Brows create a soft and natural powdered look. Some may argue that this is not a natural technique but, in fact in most cases powder brows is a natural way to have fuller brows without needing to use makeup daily. Also known as powder brows or shading.
Ombre Brows create a soft and yet defined gradient powdered look. Ombre brows is a natural way to have fuller brows without needing to use makeup daily. This technique is known to make you look & feel younger with your new brows.
Combination brows can be described as a hybrid between Feather Touch and Ombre Brows. Giving you the best of both worlds. This technique creates a natural yet defined brow. With the option of a bold or a soft combination. This technique can be tailored to your desired look.
During the first day gently, without rubbing, cleanse your eyes with luke warm water every 30-60 minutes. Remove lymph from your lips to prevent creation of big scabs.
During the first 7 days avoid sauna, swimming pools, makeup in the eye area, sun tanning, cosmetic treatments. If necessary, correction can be done 4 weeks later, when the eyes are fully regenerated. The disappeared pigment is added on this occasion. Liner refreshment can be done once a year if a client wants a more intense colour…
In order to preserve the colour for as long as possible, use SPF on the area when sun tanning.
When it comes to the eyes the swelling may appear the next day. In such case you can consult with a Doctor or a Pharmacist.
Colour and the thickness of the eyeliner are more intense during the first few days after the treatment.
First 7 Days Avoid:
- Swimming pool
- If you have facial treatments, protect your eyes with cotton pads.
What is the healing process like?
You may experience some of the following;
- Scabbing, if this happens do not pick the scab! It will naturally fall of on its own
- Itchiness, itchiness indicates the healing process is well on its way! Try not to touch your brows when you feel this sensation
- Redness, this will subside within the first few days
Can I get muscle relaxants before or after tattooing my brows?
It is recommended that you get muscle relaxants no less than 21 days BEFORE or AFTER tattooing your brows.
How long do my brows take to heal after tattooing?
Your eyebrows will be completed healed after 4 weeks.
Can I play sport or swim after getting my eyebrows tattooed?
You only need to wait for 7 days after your appointment before getting them wet or sweaty!
How long does it take to get my eyebrows tattooed?
Your initial appointment takes 2 hours & generally your touch-up will only take 1.5 hours depending on the healed result from your initial appointment.
Can I wear makeup after I get my eyebrows tattooed?
Yes of course, you can wear face makeup straight away if your avoiding the brow area. We prefer if you do not wear eyebrow makeup for at least 2 days after your appointment whilst it is an open wound.
Will my eyebrows look unnatural if I get them tattooed?
This depends on how much natural hair you have to blend in with your tattooed eyebrows. The more hair you have the more blended & natural the tattoo will be.
Can I get my eyebrows tattooed if I’m on medication?
This depends on what medication it is. Below is a list of medications that are a contraindication for tattooing;
- Opioids (Tramadol, Endone, Oxycodone)
- Roaccutane/Accutane (current or within 12 months)
- Prescription Vitamin A
- Warfarin/Heparin/Blood Thinners
- Fish Oil/Krill Oil
Below is a list of medications that may affect the healed colour outcome and/or healing:
- Prednisone (GP Approval Letter Required)
- Tamoxifen (GP Approval Letter Required)
- HRT/OCT (GP Approval Letter Required)
- Other medication (GP Approval Letter Required)
Can my badly tattooed eyebrows be fixed?
Yes, we can fix this with non-laser tattoo removal. We do not recommend tattooing over the top of your current “bad” eyebrow tattoo.
How long does feather touch brows last?
This technique is quite shallow in the skin and generally lasts 6-18 months before needing a colour boost. Each client result varies depending on how quickly the skin metabolises the pigment.
How long does mist brows/ombre brows last?
Mist/Ombre brows lasts 12-24 months before needing a colour boost. Each client result varies depending on how quickly the skin metabolises the pigment.
- Planning/trying to conceive
- Hepatitis (A,B or C)
- Sunburn within 2 weeks or still visible
- Please book in a consultation if you have any of the below conditions as this may affect your treatment:
- Diabetes Type 1 or 2 – Is your condition being managed? Your healing may be impaired and/or effect the healed outcome. GP Approval letter required.
- High or low blood pressure – You may feel slightly dizzy, please note your treatment will take a total of 2 hours per session.
- Blood clotting issues
- Hepatitis (A,B or C)
- Herpes Simplex
- Liver Disease
- Keloid Scarring
- Moles on the area
- Thyroid Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Sunburn (2 weeks prior)
- Immunodeficiency Virus
What to expect when getting eyebrows tattooed?
What should you not do before getting a tattoo on your eyebrows?
Before each treatment, the skin should not be burnt, nor in recovery or regeneration process.
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
- Cosmetic muscle relaxers and fillers
- fruit or lactic acids
- laser treatments
- chemical peel
- exposure to strong sunlight
- Do not drink alcohol for 2 days before the treatment
- Waxing or threading must be done at least 2-3 days before the treatment.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, fish oils or Ibuprofen for at least 48 hours before the treatment.
- Please note if you are expecting or currently in your menstrual cycle, you will feel more sensitive
Which is better microblading or shading (ombre/mist brows)?
They are both very different, this will vary person to person depending on the current state of your eyebrows.
Does eyebrow tattooing fade?
Yes! Eyebrow tattooing at Eva Mercedes Cosmetic Studio is semi-permanent. Colour retention will vary person to person and change depending on the technique you are best suited to.